I met Brodinski at the Sonar festival in 2007, and we’ve been kicking it together ever since, tag-teaming behind the decks here, there and everywhere. It was about time we made a stop in the Ladies Room to let the truth shine.
—Salut Brodinski, please tell us about your year 2009, good? Highlights?
2009 was totally amazing for me, lots of good gigs, good surprises… Lots of highlights yes, like ‘Dark Side Of The Loon’ in Koln, one of the best party I played this year. My residency at Social Club in Paris, the release party for my Bugged Out CD at Fabric (London) in July. Sonar in Barcelona was CRAZY, Calvi On The Rocks too. Lyon for ‘Les nuits Sonores’ was a great surprise. I was also really happy about my Asian tour in August… So many good souvenirs… I hope 2010 will be even better.
—You are a trivial connaisseur of all things Djing. Who, if push comes to shove, is your favourite DJ ever? and why?
I can’t choose only one, I have 4 favorites DJ and I love them because they’re totally different :
- Ivan Smagghe, because he’s the one that made me discover electronic music, and taught me “the groove”.
- Andrew Weatherall, I love his Fabric Mix, he’s the one who can play techno, old school electro or house in his sets. Everytime I see him, he is different, and good as HELL!
- Damian Lazarus, i don’t really know why, but he’s the kind of DJ I respect.
- Erol Alkan, because even if i don’t see him for 6 months, everytime he proves me he’s the world’s best.
Diplo is in my top too, because i’ve seen him a long time ago and he totally blew my mind.
—Now, let’s speak about your own productions. You’ve been collaborating with Yuksek and Noob, doing the Gucci Vump thing, and releasing records for different labels like Mental Groove or Turbo. What should we expect in the near future? Are you working on an album? How do you sleep?
I sleep pretty well, thank you! My projects? I got a lot! After 3 EP’s last Autumn (one with Noob, one with Mumdance and the GUCCI VUMP project), now i work on some remixes for Crookers and Mowgli. Plus a new EP for Gucci Vump. I try to work on my hip-hop side too, I do some instrumentals for some american rappers. I’m preparing a new mix CD, double sided: one for techno and one for hip hop, I’m really excited about It. I’d love to do an album but I want to take my time and have a real idea.
—Last but not least, what would be your TOP 10 DANCE MUSIC RECORDS OF 2009?
1. Michel Cleis – La Mezcla / Cadenza
2. Joy Orbinson – Hyph Ngo / Hyperdub
3. Harry AXT – Frachter / Gran Petrol
4. Alvaro – Ultimate Rise (Seductive Rmx) / Samsonbeats
5. Major Lazer – Pon Di Floor / Mad Decent
6. Dustin Zahn – Stranger to Stability (Len Faki Podium Rmx) / Rekids
7. Harvard Bass – Caked / Sound Pellegrino
8. Gucci Vump – Sha Shtil! (Original & L-VIS 1990 Rmx) / Sound Pellegrino
9. Sydney Samson – Riverside / Ultra
10. Noob & Brodinski – Peanuts Club / Turbo
There you go,