Parties this year, we had a lot. Some good, some bad, some GREAT. It is what it is:
1. ED BANGER’S 6 1/2 BIRTHDAY @CORONET, LONDON. (JULY 10)
We make these Ed birtday parties every year, but this one was really special. Everybody down, great atmosphere, line around the block, thanks again London (and you’re welcome).
2. ED ALL STARS @CINESPACE , LOS ANGELES. (APRIL 21)
It was Busy P’s birthday bash, the whole crew was here, plus KAVINSKY, A-TRAK and CHRIS HOLMES as our special guests. Then Thomas Bangalter told me “give me your CD case, I want to play a couple of tunes”. And the rest is history.
3. RITON’S “WHO’S THERE” RELEASE PARTY @PLASTIC PEOPLE, LONDON. (APRIL 23)
Riton is one of my favourite DJ’s and Plastic People my favorite venue in the UK. Small but beautiful.
4. BUSY P @SONAR BY DAY, BARCELONA. (JUNE 20)
I don’t think Pedro is getting enough credit for how good a DJ he is. That afternoon, he was untouchable.
5. A-TRAK’S “INFINITY+1″ PARTY @STUDIO B, NEW YORK CITY. (MARCH 14)
Every year I take a 3 months break from touring, usually from January to March. This party was my ‘back in business’ gig, new CD case, a lot of tunes to test out, A-Trak on stage and, well, New York motherfuckin’ City in the house.
6. FORMA-T @FUSE, BRUSSELS. (SEPTEMBER 11)
After a rather long string of summer festival shows, it feels good to get back to the down and dirty club gigs, where you can actually touch peeps with your bare hands on AND off the decks. One of the best clubs in the world, sound-system unrivalled, great crowd. One of those nights.
7. GRAND PRIX D’ASIE MINI TOUR, BANGKOK/SINGAPOUR/JAKARTA (OCTOBER)
When Fafi and I went club-hopping in Asia this Autumn, we simply had no clue. Now, we know. And can’t wait to go back. (Peace to Dave, the wonderful peeps from ZOUK, and Arief for letting me destroy the BUDDAH BAR).
8. ANNIE MAC PRESENTS @WAX-ON, LEEDS. (APRIL 25) + HALLOWEEN PARTY @LET IT BLEED, ABERDEEN. (OCTOBER 31)
There’s something about DJing very tired and very drunk in the UK, and I love it.
9. DJ MEHDI @NEIDKLUB, HAMBURG. (JUNE 27)
When I told my agent I wanted to do more ‘Old School House Music’ parties now, this was the one I was referring to. (See also, FOUFOUNES ELECTRIQUES in Montreal, Canada.)
10. POCKET PIANO RELEASE PARTY (DEC 10), HAPPY ENDINGS @CHEZ MOUNE (JUNE 4), CLUB75 @SOCIAL CLUB (OCT 8), PARIS.
Feels good to be home sometimes. Peace to Club75, the A-Team, the Paydays, the Ed Rec Party Crüe, and a special one to my partners BUSY P and SO-ME.
1. VICE PARTY @HEAVEN, LONDON. (JUNE 10)
2. FOOL’S GOLD PARTY @SXSW, AUSTIN. (MARCH 19)
3. BUGGED OUT@PARK, MILANO. (JULY 3)
4. NUIT ROUGE @HALLE DE MARTIGUES. (SEPT 12)
5. ED BANGER @4SANS, BORDEAUX. (JUNE 5)
Sometimes it just doesn’t work.
More TOP and WORST soon soon,